Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Beliefs about Technology and Learning

Pros: In some ways technology is great in the classroom. One way is that is it getting them ready for their future career. Now a days it doesn't matter what your career is you will most likely be using technology. Also, it can be more user friendly for the children. Instead of having them flip through the pages of a book they are able to just look something up. Finally, it can help with kids with disabilities. My mom teaches special needs students and I know that the technology truly helps because it works well with different learning styles. Technology can work with audio learners and visual learners.

Cons: But in other ways it is bad. One way is that it is expensive to buy the supplies. It is hard for schools to buy enough computers for all the students. Another way is it can break down easily. If the computers break down it throws off the whole lesson plan. Finally, it is less social. If everything is on the computer it causes no  interaction between the students.

5 comments:

  1. I like how you seperated the blog into pros and cons. I also agree with you. I think technology should be able to be navigated in a classroom, but it should also be able to be navigated without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought and forsight you have in this, but i would like to hear how you think that technology will affect you personally also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your ideas and I agree with both of them. It's great that technology is capable of helping students who need that focus on visuals or audio in order to understand the lesson at a deeper level. I also agree with the expenses, the social distance and the fact that it is not always reliable being the problems for introducing technology into the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't like how there is such a dependency on technology. Although, I do agree with you about how it is good! Very well put!

    ReplyDelete